For 12 Serving(s)
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F (180˚C). Spray muffin tin with canola oil cooking spray.
2. In a medium bowl, combine sugars, vanilla, canola oil, and eggs until well blended. Add lentil puree and shredded carrots.
3. In separate bowl, combine flours, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Add lentil puree mixture and stir until fully incorporated.
4. Scoop batter into prepared muffin tin and bake for about 20-25 minutes. Check doneness by inserting a toothpick in centre of the muffin, if it comes out clean, the muffins are done.
5. Remove from oven. Allow to cool in tray for a few minutes, remove and finish cooling on a rack.
Lentil Purée: In a food processor, place cooked lentils (or rinsed and drained canned). For every cup (250 mL) of cooked lentils, add ¼ cup (60 mL) water. Blend until smooth. Lentil purée has a similar consistency to canned pumpkin. Add additional water 1 tablespoon (15 mL) at a time if more moisture is needed. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 to 4 days, or freeze for up to 6 months.