The Global Pulse Confederation (GPC) is head quartered in Dubai and licenced under the Dubai Government authority, Dubai Multi Commodity Centre (DMCC).
GPC is the not for profit peak body for the whole global pulses industry value chain. As the sole international confederation for the industry it enjoys membership from 18 national associations (federations) and over 600 private sector members in an industry worth over $100 Billion at the retail level and over 60 million tonnes in pulse production and distribution in over 55 countries.
The organisation represents the common good of all sectors of the global pulse industry value chain from growers and researchers, through input and logistics suppliers, traders, exporters and importers to government bodies, multilateral bodies, processors, canners and consumers.
GPC works for transparency and sustainability in all sectors and aspires to contribute in as many ways possible to global food security and improved health and nutrition.
The GPC Executive Board consists of up to 30 members from all over the world elected from the membership. Board positions are voluntary, non-profit and carry no remuneration.
To create an inclusive global pulse organization recognized for its integrity, professionalism and ability to work together across the entire pulse value chain to resolve issues and grow the industry.
To lead the global pulse industry to major crop status by facilitating free and fair trade and increasing production and consumption of pulse crops worldwide.
- To expand the permanent membership of GPC to include the broadest base of organisations and companies involved both directly and indirectly in the global trade of pulses.
- To ensure a reliable, consistent and safe pulse value chain delivering pulses that meet the requirements of the industry’s existing and future customers and consumers - and to encourage all industry sectors that impact on production, marketing and service delivery for Pulses to operate ethically and at world’s best practice.
- To identify, select, fund and/or otherwise support approved research and development activity that leads to increased production and consumption of pulse crops to address the critical health, sustainability and food security issues around the world.
- To work towards harmonisation of the global pulse trade and removal of all barriers to trade for pulses world wide, and where possible develop new markets.
- To hold annual conventions of the highest calibre, that unite GPC global membership in friendship, provide a focus for exchange of ideas and information, and a forum for discussion and amicable resolution of industry issues.
- To support national and regional member associations through active participation in local country activities by local GPC members (“Ambassadors”).