World Pulses Day 2019 Guidelines
How to Hold an Official World Pulses Day Event
February 10, 2019 will be the first-ever World Pulses Day, a global event to celebrate pulses worldwide and continue the important gains made with 2016 International Year of Pulses.
What can you do for World Pulses Day?
First, encourage people around the world to eat pulses on February 10, 2019.
- A day featuring pulses served at your facility or with your family
- Corporate lunch with employees and partners
- A dinner with friends
- A meal at a restaurant
- Donations of pulses
- A song or video (or other artistic creation) in honor of pulses or your favorite pulse-based meal
Where can an official World Pulses Day event take place?
A World Pulses Day event can take place anywhere. Here are a few examples of locations:
- Company facility
- Someone’s home
- Event venue
- School or University
- Public area
What kind of event can a World Pulses Day event be?
- A family reunion
- Private party with friends
- Corporate party with employees and partners
- New Year’s party
- A meal at a restaurant
- Donations to a local food bank of pulses
- A song (or other artistic creation) in honor of pulses or your favorite pulse-based meal (many were recorded on Pulse Feast 2016)
What are the requirements to be an official World Pulses Day event?
An official World Pulses Day event can take any shape and be organized by anyone in the world as long as it meets the following four requirements:
- Pulses must be on the menu or featured in your event/creation (any type of pulse, any type of meal, any type of cuisine, any type of catering)
- Make reference to World Pulses Day using the hashtags #worldpulsesday and/or #LovePulses
How can I share my official World Pulses Day event with the rest of the world?
- Use the Twitter hashtags #worldpulsesday or #LovePulses.
- Capturing images of my event: any visual material that can be shared in social media will be of great use. Take pictures!
- Talking about my event: you can write a blog post before and after the event talking about why you are involved in celebrating pulses in 2019
- Recording parts of my event: any type of video content (edited and non-edited) showing what your event looks like can be sent to us to be uploaded on social media platforms. (#LovePulses @lovepulses is on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest and pulses.org)
It is very important that you take in consideration any Intellectual Property Rights:
Do you have consent? Get consent from anyone being shown on a video before featuring them (including parental consent if showing children)
Have you considered copyrights? Streaming artwork, logos, songs in the background, could be an inadvertent infringement of someone else’s intellectual property rights so keep this in mind.
What are the guidelines for promoting my World Pulses Day event on Social Media?
Official hashtags: #worldpulsesday #LovePulses
- Visuals (you can find royalty-free pictures on iyp2016.org under Resources section)
Examples of tweets:
- Let’s make this year count — Eat pulses on February 10th #worldpulsesday
- I’m pledging to eat more pulses in 2019 and hosting a #worldpulsesday event on February 10th
- I’m having a #worldpulsesday event by eating pulses on February 10th
- I #lovepulses and so do my friends so join us on February 10th and watch our #worldpulsesday event in celebration of #worldpulsesday
We will be using a social media aggregator, to centralize all World Pulses Day events on a single page with information coming from users all over the world across all social media platforms.
How can I get help to organize and promote my World Pulses Day event?
Coordinating with the GPC IYP secretariat is essential to make sure that we can continue the momentum of 2016. Make sure you contact us throughout, and don’t hesitate to ask our guidance if you have any doubts.
- STEP 2: Include our websites and social media channels on your event website if you have one: pulses.org
- STEP 3: Share your news. Send us your launch related news and hashtags to include in pulses.org.
- STEP 4: Share your event material (video, photos, posts) and we will prepare share it on our TINT page.