Participants are invited to prepare and submit abstracts of papers for presentation during oral and poster sessions in the joint PanAfrican Grain Legume and World Cowpea Conference. Papers should focus on innovative research, technology/knowledge dissemination and/or private sector business development activities relative to grain legumes (pulses) important to Africa, including cowpea, common bean, pigeon pea, chickpea, fava bean, lima bea, lentil, etc. Since the conference will be focusing on multidisciplinary themes, scientists and development professionals representing diverse disciplines are encouraged to submit papers for presentation.
Topical Categories for Papers
- Abiotic Stress
- Biological Nitrogen Fixation
- Economics and Value Chain Development
- Gender and Youth
- Human Nutrition and Health
- Integrated Pest Management
- Mechanization of Production and Postharvest Handling
- Plant Pathology
- Seed Systems
- Sustainable Intensification
- Technology Dissemination and Impact Assessment
- Value Addition and Food Processing
The conference is organized by the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) and the Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Collaborative Research on Grain Legumes (Legume Innovation Lab), in partnership with the Pan-African Bean Research Alliance (PABRA), the International Center for Tropical Agriculture (CIAT), the Centre for Coordination of Agricultural Research and Development for Southern Africa (CCARDESA), the International Center for Research in the Semi-Arid Tropics (ICRISAT), the CGIAR Research Program on Grain Legumes, the Zambia Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock, and the Zambia Agriculture Research Institute (ZARI).
Visit the conference website for more information.
Follow news on Twitter (#Legumes4Africa, #IYP2016) and the Legume Innovation Lab Facebook page.
- Registration Deadline: February 13, 2016 (December 31, 2015, for reduced rate)
- Call for Abstracts
- Abstract Submission(s) Deadline: December 1, 2015
- CSSA Travel Scholarships for Graduate Students: Deadline Oct 22, 2015
- Travel Awards: Visit the conference website and Legume Innovation Lab website.
Additional Co-hosting Programs and Institutions