This is a delicious and warming soup, full of Mexican flavours. Ideal for keeping out the cold winter chill!
Jaine Chisholm Caunt, Director General of the Grain and Feed Trade Association (GAFTA)
For 4 Person(s)
1. Drain the beans and place them in a saucepan covered with fresh water. Bring to the boil and boil for ten minutes. Drain.
2. Fry onion, garlic and chilli in the olive oil for 5 minutes. Add the chopped carrot, pepper and celery, and continue to sweat for 5 minutes.
3. Add the dried oregano, passata, bay leaf, stock cubes, water, tomato puree, sugar, salt, drained black beans, and smoked paprika.
4. Bring to the boil. Turn down low and simmer for 45 minutes.
5. Add the chopped coriander and check the seasoning.
6. Serve topped with a tablespoon of natural yoghurt or sour cream.