For 1 Batch(es)
1. Preheat oven to 375˚F (190˚C).
2. To prepare base: In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Cut in margarine until coarse crumbs form. Stir in egg and mix thoroughly. Press dough into a 9 x 13 inch (22 x 33 cm) baking dish and bake for 10 minutes until firm. Cool and spread layer of jam over base.
3. Reduce oven temperature to 350˚F (180˚C).
4. In a food processor, puree lentils with ½ cup (125 mL) water.
5. To prepare filling: In separate bowl, combine sugar, flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix in lentil puree, vanilla, and eggs. Add coconut and pecans. Spread mixture on top of jam.
6. Bake until firm, about 35 minutes. Cool and cut into 18 bars.