Recipe Developer and Food Blogger
Tara Noland is the author of Noshing With The Nolands.
Cooking, baking and entertaining have been a lifelong passion for Tara. She started at a very young age to bake and cook for her family. Even attempting many of Julia Child’s recipes as a young teenager and cooking meals for the family or for company. Now she loves entertaining and celebrating the holidays. Her husband Ken loves being in the kitchen creating right along with Tara. Their daughter also enjoys everything that the kitchen has to offer. They are pleased to offer you their blog for your enjoyment at www.noshingwiththenolands.com.
More from Tara Noland
Spicy Two-Bean Vegetarian Chili
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ancho chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (5.5 oz.) can tomato paste
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into ½ inch dice
- 2 (16 oz.) cans of tomatoes
- 1 (4 oz.) can sliced jalapeno peppers
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (15.5 oz.) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15.5 oz.) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- Grated cheddar cheese, optional
- In a large pot add the olive oil and over medium heat saute the onion and garlic until the onion is translucent, about 3-4 min.
- Add in the chili powder, cumin and ancho chili powder and stir for 1 min. Add in the tomato paste and stir to cook for about 2 min.
- Add in the tomatoes, zucchini and jalapenos and stir well. If too thick add in ½ cup water. Continue to simmer until zucchini is tender, 45 min. or more, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add in the beans and continue to cook for 15 min. Adjust seasoning and serve with grated cheddar if using.
This recipe is courtesy of Tara Noland.