- Dry beans typically need 4.5 hours of cooking if they haven’t been soaked or 3 hours if soaked overnight—plan accordingly
- Boil beans until soft, then drain water completely.
- Refill pot with water and add orange-fleshed sweet potatoes. Boil until potatoes are soft.
- Drain water and smash bean/potato mixture into a smooth consistency.
- In a separate pan, sauté onions and garlic in oil until browned.
- Dice then add the tomatoes to onions and garlic. Cook until tomatoes begin falling apart.
- Combine tomatoes, onions and garlic with the mashed beans and potatoes.
Serve with rice, tortillas or fresh salsa—and enjoy.