Sun-dried Tomato Pasta Salad
- 8 oz pasta, red lentil
- cucumber, diced
- bell pepper, red; diced
- onion, red; diced
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas, drained
Sun-Dried Tomato Dressing:
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp oregano, dried
- 2 tsps maple syrup
- feta cheese, for serving (optional, leave out to keep vegan)
- olives, sliced black, for serving (optional)
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Be sure to salt the water well.
- While the pasta is cooking, you can chop the cucumber, red pepper, and red onion and add them to a large bowl as you go. Stir in the chickpeas, too.
- To prepare the dressing, combine the sun-dried tomatoes, olive oil, water, garlic, salt, oregano and maple syrup
- When the pasta is done cooking, drain it well when add it to the large bowl with the vegetables and chickpeas. Pour the dressing over the top, and toss well to coat. Add more salt, or some freshly ground black pepper, to taste.
- Transfer the salad to the fridge to chill it until you're ready to serve, at least 2 hours. Add sliced olives and feta cheese, if desired, right before serving. This salad should keep well in the fridge for at least 3 days in airtight container.