Add to Shopping List
This recipe is in your Shopping List
Warm Lentils with Wilted Chard, Roasted Beets and Goat Cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Scrub and trim beets and cut into ½ inch slices or wedges. Place on a foil lined baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and roast until tender, about 25- 30 minutes.
- If cooking lentils, place ¾ cup dried lentils in a small pot and cover with 3 inches of water. Bring to a boil, cover and turn heat down to a simmer, cook about 25-30 minutes or until tender but still hold their shape. Drain.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium high heat. Add diced onion and saute 3-4 minutes. Turn heat down to medium, add garlic and cook 2 more minutes, until golden and fragrant.
- Lower heat to medium low. Add chard and gently wilt, just slightly, about 2-3 more minutes.
- Add 2 cups cooked lentils to the skillet, gently folding them in and warming. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Add beets and splash with 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar. Let vinegar cook down for just a couple minutes.
- Taste, and adjust salt. Sprinkle with goat cheese and optional spring herbs. Serve immediately.
- Makes 2 extra hearty portions.
- 2 cups cooked lentils is about ¾ cup dry.