For 4 Person(s)
- 1 cup dry USA lentils, rinsed
- 2 cups water
- 1/3 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp peanut oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp seasame oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 6 oz linguine pasta
- 3/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup sliced water chestnuts
- 1 cup fresh or thawed frozen pea pods
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Place lentils and water in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer about 20 minutes, or until lentils are barely tender.
- Drain, if necessary, and place lentils in a medium bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine vinegar, peanut oil, soy sauce, ginger, sesame oil and garlic.
- Pour the dressing over the lentils, cover and chill.
- In a large saucepan, cook the linguine in 2 quarts boiling water until just tender.
- Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Stir the linguine into the lentils along with remaining ingredients. Chill for several hours to allow the flavors to blend.