Add to Shopping List
This recipe is in your Shopping List
- Pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees. Chop the sweet potatoes into 1 inch pieces. Bring 2 cups of water to a boil over high heat and add the sweet potatoes. Cook until they are easily pierced with a fork, about 20 minutes.
- Drain the water and use a fork to mash the potatoes. When they are almost completely mashed, add the butter and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Continue mashing until smooth.
- In a sauce pan, combine the lentils, frozen vegetables and broth. Cover and cook for 20 minutes, until lentils are cooked and liquid has reduced by about 50 percent. Add 2 tbsp of sweet potato to the pot and stir to thicken the mixture.
- Grease an 8x8 baking pan and spoon the lentil mixture in. Spread the potatoes over the top to cover the lentils, then bake for 20 minutes.
- Cool slightly before serving.