Mixed Crostini with Split Pea Pesto
- 1/2 cup split peas, cooked
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 2 cups basil, fresh
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Combine the split peas, pine nuts, basil, garlic, Parmesan and salt in a food processor. Pulse for about 10 seconds until roughly chopped and combined.
- Slowly add the olive oil with the food processor running, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Continue to pulse until mixture reaches desired consistency.
- Use immediately as pasta sauce, or spread on crostini or crackers with your toppings of choice.
- Transfer unused portion to air-tight container and store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.