Add to Shopping List
This recipe is in your Shopping List
Mujadara with Toasted Pistachios
- Combine the lentils and 2 cups of water in a pot and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes. Strain lentils and set aside.
- While the lentils cook, melt the butter in a large pan over low heat. Add the onions and the vinegar. Cook for 30 to 40 minutes, stirring frequently until onions are brown and caramelized
- Stir the salt, pepper, cumin and rice into the pan and cook for 1 more minute.
- Combine the remaining water and the vegetable stock, then add half of the mixture to the onion mixture 1 cup at a time. Allow all of the liquid to be absorbed before adding the next cup.
- Stir the lentils into the rice, then continue adding the remaining liquid one cup at at time until absorbed.
- Divide the mujadara into 8 bowls and top each with a dollop of yogurt and a sprinkle of parsley and pistachios before serving.