Add to Shopping List
This recipe is in your Shopping List
- Rinse lentils.
- Bring to boil in 2 cups water, reduce heat, simmer for 35–40 minutes or until soft.
- Strain off excess water.
- Mix ground meat, Parmesan, garlic, Italian seasoning, pepper, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mash cooked lentils with a fork.
- Add eggs, continue mashing until well mixed.
- Combine lentil and egg puree into beef mixture.
- Add parsley. Mix well.
- Form meatballs using ¼ cup of mixture and roll into balls. About 1 inch in diameter.
- Heat pan over medium heat with 2 tablespoons cooking oil.
- Add meatballs to hot pan. Allow meatballs to brown, and then rotate and repeat until all sides are golden, crispy brown (160°F for beef or 165°F for turkey).
- Serve over pasta or veggies.