Black Bean Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 2 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15 oz can corn, sweet; drained and rinsed (or 3 ears of corn, corn kernels removed)
- 1/2 onion, red; diced
- 2 cups cabbage, purple; chopped
- 1 cup tomatoes, cherry; chopped
- 1 bell pepper, yellow; chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro, stems removed and roughly chopped
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt, sea
- 1/2 tsp pepper, black
- 1 avocado, diced
- Add water to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Add quinoa, reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and cook for 15 minutes. Remove from heat, let sit for 5 minutes, uncover and fluff with a fork. Let cool slightly.
- To a large bowl add black beans, corn, red onion, purple cabbage, tomatoes, and cilantro. Stir in cooked quinoa and mix well.
- Add lime juice, olive oil, sea salt, and black pepper. Stir well.
- Top with avocado, serve, and enjoy!
- Mexican quinoa will keep for 3-4 days in the refrigerator in a sealed container.