Yellow Split Pea Dip
- 7 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided, plus more for serving
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced, plus more for serving
- 1 cup yellow split peas, washed
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 lemon, juiced (about 4 tablespoons)
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- Toasted pita and crackers, to serve
- Add one tablespoon olive oil to a medium pot over medium heat. Add scallions and garlic and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add split peas, water, and sea salt. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer, cover partially and cook for 30-40 minutes, or until split peas are tender but not mushy. Drain off excess water.
- Add cooked split peas (including garlic and scallions) to a food processor and pulse. Add turmeric, lemon juice, sea salt and black pepper and pulse. Blend while drizzling in remaining six tablespoons of olive oil.
- Scoop into a serving dish and sprinkle with toasted pine nuts, sliced scallions, and a drizzle of olive oil. Serve with toasted pita or crackers and enjoy!