White Chickpea Chili
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 15 oz can white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 16 oz jar salsa, verde, mild
- 4 cups vegetable broth, low-sodium
- 1/2 tsp cumin, ground
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp oregano, ground
- 1/4 cup cilantro, fresh chopped
- 1 medium lime, juiced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- sour cream, or plain Greek yogurt (omit if dairy-free and to make vegan)
- Tortilla chips
- avocado, chopped
- cilantro, chopped
- cheese, shredded (omit if dairy-free and to make vegan)
- lime, wedges
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over high heat. Add the onion and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes. Stir in the white beans, chickpeas, salsa verde, vegetable broth, cumin, chili powder, oregano, cilantro, and fresh lime juice. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Simmer chili on low for about 15-20 minutes. Ladle chili into bowls and serve warm. Garnish with toppings of your choice!
- Note-this chili freezes well.