Vegetable Bean Skillet
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cups eggplant, chopped
- 1 large shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 cups squash; summer, chopped; or zucchini
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tbsp sun dried tomatoes, packed in oil; chopped
- 1 cup white kidney (cannellini) beans, cooked
- 1 cup kidney beans
- 1 14.5 oz can artichoke hearts, drained, quartered
- 1 tsp parsley, dried
- 1 tsp basil, dried
- 1/2 tsp thyme, dried
- salt and pepper
- pinch red pepper flakes
- bread, crusty (leave out if gluten free)
- parsley, fresh chopped
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add eggplant to the skillet and cook until slightly softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the squash and shallots, stir, cover the skillet to create steam while cooking for another 5 minutes.
- Remove lid from the skillet, add the garlic, tomatoes and sun-dried tomatoes and cook an additional 3-5 minutes.
- Add the beans, artichokes, herbs and spices, stir to combine, cover the skillet and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove the lid season to taste and serve with bread and fresh parsley.