Vegan Slow Cooker Lentil and Veggie Soup
- 3 cups potatoes, red; chopped
- 2 cups carrot, chopped
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 1 onion, yellow; chopped
- 1 cup lentils, green, rinsed
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 cups vegetable broth, low sodium, if possible
- 1 cup coconut milk, canned, use the creamy, top layer (set it in the refrigerator overnight)
- 2 tsps Herbes de Provence
- 1 tsp onion powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- parsley, fresh, for garnish
- goat cheese, crumbles, for garnish(omit for vegan)
- Combine all of the ingredients in the bowl of a slow cooker or Crockpot.
- Set on low heat for 8 hours.
- Add half of the soup & veggies to a blender and blend on medium-high until combined and creamy. Add this mixture back into the crockpot and stir everything together.
- Let it sit covered for about one more hour.
- Serve warm with fresh parsley and crumbled goat cheese (omit for vegan option).