Vegan Enchilada Casserole
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, yellow; chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped and seeds removed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp cumin, ground
- 1 tsp chili powder
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 25 oz box tomatoes, chopped (with nothing else added)
- 1/2 tsp salt, sea, fine
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1/2 cup lentils, red
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups black beans, cooked
- cilantro, fresh
- radishes, sliced
- Heat the olive oil in a 3.5 quart skillet or Dutch oven over medium heat. Sauté the onion and pepper until softened, about 8 minutes.
- Add in the garlic, cumin, chili powder, and cayenne pepper, if using, and sauté until fragrant, about one more minute.
- Add in the chopped tomatoes (with their juices), salt, quinoa, red lentils, water, and black beans. Stir well and bring the liquid to a boil. Cover and lower the heat to a simmer, cooking until the quinoa and lentils are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Remove the lid and fluff with a fork. Serve warm with a topping of fresh cilantro, avocado slices, and radishes, if desired.