Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes with Crispy Chickpeas
- 2 medium sweet potato
- 3 tbsp cheese, shredded; use dairy free or omit if desired
- 2 tbsp yogurt, plus more for serving; use dairy free or omit, if desired
- 2 tbsp parsley, flat leaf, fresh; chopped, plus more for serving
- 2 tbsp cilantro, fresh; chopped, plus more for serving
- 2 green onion, diced; plus more for serving
- 1 1/2 tsp harissa seasoning, divided
- 1 12 oz cans chickpeas, rinsed and thoroughly drained
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp salt, sea
- handful tomatoes, cherry; sliced, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prick the sweet potatoes a few times, and bake until cooked through about 45-60 minutes.
- When the potatoes have cooled enough to handle, slice in half lengthwise and carefully scoop the inner flesh into a mixing bowl. Combine with the shredded cheese, yogurt, parsley, cilantro, and scallions. Carefully scoop the mixture back into each sweet potato, and return to the oven for another 10-15 minutes.
- While the potatoes finish cooking, warm a large skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil, chickpeas, 1 teaspoon of the harissa powder, cumin, and sea salt, and cook, stirring, until the chickpeas begin to brown and crisp, about 8-10 minutes. The chickpeas will lose their crispness over time so it’s best to make just before serving.
- To serve, remove the sweet potatoes from the oven and allow to cool a few minutes. Top each with the chickpeas, cherry tomatoes, extra fresh herbs, and yogurt. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Enjoy!