Tuscan-style White Bean Salad with Shrimp and Lentils
- 1 15 oz can white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15 oz can lentils, brown, rinsed and drained
- 6 oz shrimp, cooked; peeled and chopped into large chunks
- 4 green onions, white and light green parts only, trimmed and finely chopped
- 1/2 bell pepper, red; seeds removed, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tsp capers
- 10 leaves mint, fresh; chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika, sweet
- 1/2 tsp cumin, ground
- 2 tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- In a large mixing bowl, place the white beans, lentils, majority of the cooked shrimp (keep a few chunks of shrimp to add on top later), green onions, bell peppers, minced garlic, capers and fresh mint.
- Season with salt, black pepper, paprika, and cumin. Dress with olive oil and white wine vinegar. Give everything a good toss to combine.
- Transfer to one large serving platter and top with the reserved shrimp. Or divide salad among serving plates. Serve with your favorite crusty whole wheat bread or crostini.