Tomato, Spinach and Black Bean Pizza
- 1 pizza crust, thin, Italian cheese flavored
- 1 1/4 cup black beans, cooked; or 1 can (rinsed and drained)
- 1/2 tsp hot sauce
- 2/3 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tsp cumin, ground
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 tomato, diced
- 10 oz. spinach, frozen, chopped; thawed, drained and squeezed dry (1/2 package)
- 2 tbsp parsley, or cilantro; fresh, chopped
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place pizza crust on a baking sheet; bake at 375°F for 5 minutes or until crisp.
- Mash beans with a fork; combine beans and next 5 ingredients (beans through garlic) in medium bowl, stirring to combine. Spread bean mixture over crust, leaving a 1-inch border.
- Spoon salsa evenly over bean mixture; top with tomato and spinach. Sprinkle with cheeses.
- Bake at 375°F for 15 minutes or until crust is lightly browned.
- Garnish with parsley.