Toasted Walnut Hummus
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 3 tbsps walnut oil
- 1 clove garlic, quartered
- 1 14 oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 tsp orange zest
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper, black
- Toast walnuts in 350°F oven for 8 minutes or until golden brown. Cool to room temperature.
- Combine toasted walnuts with oil and garlic and puree in food processor or blender until smooth.
- Add chickpeas, orange zest, orange juice, salt and pepper and continue to blend to an even, smooth consistency. Adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Serve hummus in small serving bowl alongside toasted pita bread or with a variety of colorful raw vegetables.