Sweet Pea Pancakes
- 2 1/2 cup pancake mix
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup split peas, yellow, cooked and well drained
- 1/4 cup honey, or brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- syrup, optional topping
- Add pancake mix to medium sized bowl. Slowly stir in water until well mixed.
- In a separate medium sized bowl, add yellow peas and mash with fork.
- Once well mashed, add 1 Tbsp butter, honey or brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt. Mix until pureed.
- Add to pancake mix and stir until well blended.
- Heat frying pan over medium heat. Add 2 Tbsp oil.
- Once heated, add ½ cup pancake mix at a time, forming pancakes.
- Cook for approximately 1 to 1 ½ minutes on each side.
- Remove from pan, add toppings and enjoy!