Summer Salad with Chickpeas
- 2/3 cup yogurt, Greek, 2% MF
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp maple extract
- 2 apples, (McIntosh, Gala, Red Delicious)
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 8 cups mixed greens, (endive, romaine, spinach etc.)
- 2 cups rice, brown, cooked and cooled
- 8 strawberries, sliced
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 cup chickpeas, marinated and roasted
- Mix together first four ingredients and chill for several hours to allow flavors to develop.
- Wash apples and chop. Coat with lemon juice.
- Combine all ingredients in a large salad bowl.
- Toss together with dressing. Serve immediately