Spring Lentil and Wild Rice Salad
- 1 cup lentils, green, dried
- 1 cup rice, wild, dry
- 4 small green onions
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 bunch radishes
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil, additional
- 3/4 tsp salt
- pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- Prep lentils: Bring the green lentils and 3 cups of water to a boil. Cover and simmer on low heat until cooked but still firm, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Prep rice: Bring the wild rice and 3 cups of water to a boil. Cover the pot and simmer on low heat for about 45 minutes, until all water is absorbed.
- While the lentils and rice are cooking, dice the white and light green parts of the spring onions. Trim off the tough stalks of the asparagus and chop the stalks into 1-inch pieces.
- In a sauté pan on medium heat, add in 3 tablespoons of olive oil, diced spring onions and chopped asparagus. Sauté for 5-8 minutes until the asparagus is bright green and slightly tender (time depends on the thickness of your asparagus stalks).
- Halve your radishes and slice them thinly and set them into your serving bowl. Mix all other cooed ingredients into the bowl and top with lemon juice, 2 additional tablespoons olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Serve warm, room temperature or cold.