Split Pea Pesto Pasta Salad
- 2 cups pasta, gluten free
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup split peas; green, cooked
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 cups basil, fresh; packed
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt, sea
- 1/2 tsp pepper, black
- 1 cup tomatoes, cherry; halved
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup olives, green; pitted and halved
- 1 cup arugula
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, to garnish (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, add to a large bowl, and set aside to cool.
- Prepare the pesto. In a food processor combine the cooked green split peas, pine nuts, parmesan cheese, basil leaves, cloves of garlic, lemon juice, and olive oil. Pulse until smooth. If the mixture is too thick, add in another tablespoon or two of olive oil.
- In a large bowl toss together cooled pasta and pesto. Stir in tomatoes, sun dried tomatoes, olives, salt, pepper, and arugula. Garnish with optional parmesan cheese.
- Serve immediately or store in the fridge for 1-2 days. Enjoy!