Split Pea and Kale Soup
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 carrot, roughly chopped
- 1 onion, yellow; diced
- 2 cups split peas, dried; rinsed
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 3 cups kale, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a large soup pot over medium heat. Add the onions and carrots, cut until soft.
- Add the split peas, water and broth. Cover the pot and cook for 20 minutes.
- Add the kale, cover and cook for an additional 5-10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
This recipe is part of a 5 Meals with 5 Ingredients weekly meal plan. Get the ingredient list here.