Spinach Artichoke Chickpea Hummus
- 1 1/2 cups chickpeas, cooked
- 1 cup artichoke
- 3 cups spinach, fresh
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 3 tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- spinach, freshly chopped
- artichoke, fresh; chopped
- In a food processor add the chickpeas*, artichokes, fresh spinach, garlic cloves, lemon juice, tahini, extra virgin olive oil and salt.
- Pulse until smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides occasionally.
- Garnish with fresh chopped spinach and artichokes with warm pita bread. Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
- *How to cook chickpeas: Place chickpeas in a large bowl and cover completely with cold water. Allow to soak overnight, about 12 hours. Once soaked, drain chickpeas and transfer to a large cooking pot. Cover with water twice the amount of beans and bring to a boil. Cover and allow to simmer for approximately one hour. Do a taste test to make sure they are tender enough for your liking. Drain and allow to cool for 15 minutes. Once chickpeas are cooled they are ready to be used. Cooked chickpeas can keep covered in the refrigerator for up to three days.
Recipe by A Cedar Spoon