Spicy Hummus Dip
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained; or 2 cups cooked
- 6 tbsp tahini
- 6 tbsp lemon juice, fresh
- 3 tbsp yogurt, plain
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed (about 2 tsps)
- 1 tsp cumin, ground
- 1⁄4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 cup jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- cayenne pepper, for garnish
- In a food processor or blender, purée chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, yogurt and oil until smooth, adding water as needed to make a creamy mixture. Transfer purée to a medium bowl.
- Add garlic, cumin, cayenne, jalapeño and bell pepper. Mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and chill 2 to 4 hours to allow the flavors to blend. Garnish with cayenne pepper just before serving