Southwestern Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- 4 large sweet potato, washed and dried
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup tomatoes, cherry; halved
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup sour cream, or full-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Use a fork to poke several holes on one side of each sweet potato. Place the potatoes on the baking sheet hole-side up.
- Drizzle the potatoes with 1 tbsp olive oil and sprinkle with salt then bake for about 1 hour.
- While the potatoes bake, place the beans and the corn in a bowl. Add the remaining olive oil and the taco seasoning. Toss gently until beans and corn are coated. Set aside.
- When the sweet potatoes can be easily pierced with a fork, remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes.
- To assemble, slice the sweet potatoes open and use a fork to mash the inside slightly.
- Spoon beans into each potato. Add the chopped tomatoes and avocadoes, then top with cheddar, sour cream and cilantro. Serve immediately.