Southwestern Black Bean Couscous Salad
- 1 1/4 cups Israeli couscous
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup corn, kernels
- 1 cup tomatoes, cherry; quartered
- 1/2 onion, red; finely diced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- lime juice, juice from 1 to 2 limes, depending on how much you like lime. Start with the juice from 1 and then go up from there.
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/8 tsp salt, sea
- Bring 1.5 cups of water to a rolling boil. Add in couscous and turn to low. Let simmer until all water is absorbed. Place in a tupperware and into the refrigerator to chill.
- Once the couscous has chilled mix together couscous, black beans, sweet corn, cherry tomatoes, and red onion in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Prep dressing by placing all ingredients int a high-speed food processor and mixing on high for about a minute, or until smooth.
- Pour dressing over couscous mixture and mix.