Southwest Guacamole Hummus
- 2 cups chickpeas, cooked or canned
- 2 avocado, peeled, cut in half, pit removed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water, cold
Bean Salad Garnish:
- 1 avocado, ripe; sliced
- 1 cup chickpeas, cooked or canned
- 2 tbsp cilantro, fresh; chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon juice, divided
- 1 ear corn, kernels removed
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped (optional)
- Place garbanzo beans, avocado, salt, pepper, olive oil, garlic, cumin, and lemon juice into the bowl of a food processor or blender. Blitz until smooth, adding in water (or more olive oil) until smooth and at the consistency you desire. Spoon into bowl.
- For the topping, slice avocado and place onto hummus for garnish.
- In a small bowl, stir garbanzo beans together with cilantro, lemon juice, corn and jalapeno. Pour over avocado and hummus. Serve with chips, vegetables or pita.