Smoked Salmon and Crispy Chickpea Salad
- 15 ounces canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tbsp za’atar
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 3 cups mixed baby greens
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1-2 pieces smoked salmon, broken off into large chunks
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp za’atar
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Add chickpeas to a baking tray and drizzle with avocado oil. Sprinkle with za’atar, sea salt, and black pepper. Toss to coat.
- Bake chickpeas for 20-30 minutes, or until chickpeas are golden and crisp. Remove from oven and set aside.
- While chickpeas bake, add mixed greens to a large platter or salad bowl. Arrange sliced cucumber, cherry tomatoes, olives, red onion, smoked salmon, and avocado on top. Add roasted chickpeas and add parsley, feta, and dressing on top. Enjoy!
- To make dressing: add all ingredients to a small bowl. Whisk vigorously to combine.