Slow Cooker Lemon Lentil Chicken Soup
- 1 medium onion, yellow
- 2 large cloves garlic
- red pepper flakes, crushed; pinch of
- 1 Tbsp parsley, dried flakes
- 1 cup lentils, brown
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 lb chicken thighs, or breasts; boneless, skinless
- 3 eggs, yolks only
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, fresh
- salt and pepper
- Slice the onion in very thin slices and add to the slow cooker.
- Mince the garlic and add it into the slow cooker.
- Add in the red pepper flakes, parsley flakes, lentils, chicken broth and chicken.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on LOW for 5-6 hours or on HIGH for 2 1/2-3 hours.
- Remove the lid and remove the chicken and place on a cutting board. Shred the chicken and return to the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl whisk together the egg yolks and lemon juice. Stir into the slow cooker.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Ladle soup into bowls and serve.