Slow Cooker Chicken Pesto Bean Soup
- 1 15 oz can white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/4 lbs chicken thighs, or breasts; boneless, skinless
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 large carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup pesto
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- Place beans, garbanzo beans, chicken, broth, carrot, celery, onion and garlic powder in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours, or until chicken is tender. Remove the chicken and place on a cutting board. Cut the chicken into small bite-size pieces. Add chicken back into slow cooker.
- Add in pesto and stir.
- Ladle soup into bowls and top each bowl with a tablespoon of Parmesan cheese.