Slow Cooker Chicken Cassoulet
Prepare this chicken cassoulet in your slowcooker in the morning for a ready-to-eat meal at dinner time.
- 1 cup navy beans, dried; soaked
- 8 chicken thighs, bone-in
- 1 sausage, Polish, cooked (optional)
- 10 oz tomato juice
- 28 fl oz tomatoes, halved
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp beef bouillon, instant granules (or chicken)
- 1/2 tsp basil, dried
- 1/2 tsp oregano, dried
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup carrot, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- Skin chicken pieces and set aside. If using sausage, halve it lengthwise and cut into bite-sized pieces. In a medium bowl, combine beans, tomato juice, tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, bouillon, basil, oregano, and paprika.
- In a 4 quart slowcooker, combine carrots, celery, and onion. Arrange chicken and sausage over vegetables. Pour bean mixture over chicken and sausage.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 10 to 12 hours or on high heat for 6 to 8 hours. Serve.