Seared Ahi Tuna with Chickpea Cucumber Salad
- 2 6 oz filets ahi tuna
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup chickpeas, canned, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup bell pepper, red; diced
- 1 cup cucumber, diced
- 1/8 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup queso fresco, crumbled
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Season ahi tuna filets on both sides with a little bit of salt and pepper. Sprinkle evenly with 1/2 teaspoon of cumin.
- Heat olive in a large non-stick skillet over a medium-high heat. Once olive oil is hot, add tuna. Sear until golden brown, about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Flip and sear on the other side until golden brown, another 30 seconds to 1 minute. Remove from pan and let rest.
- Add chickpeas, red pepper, cucumber, cilantro, avocado, and queso fresca to a medium bowl. Gently toss to combine.
- In a small bowl or ramekin, whisk lime juice and honey. Pour over chickpea cucumber mixture along with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Toss to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Thinly slice tuna and spoon salad on top.