- 1 tbsp ghee, or coconut oil
- 1 cup rice, brown, or mixed
- 1 cup lentils, red
- 1/2 cup quinoa, tricolor
- 1/4 cup amaranth, or millet
- 2 tbsp flax seeds
- 1 tsp salt, sea
- 8 cups water
- 4 eggs
- ghee, warmed
- 2 cups arugula, or similar greens
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- sunflower seeds, toasted; for serving
- pumpkin seeds, toasted pepitas, for serving
- hemp hearts, optional, for serving
- Warm the ghee in a large pot. Add the rice, lentils, quinoa, amaranth, and flax seeds, and toast for a couple minutes until fragrant and nutty.
- Add the water and bring to a low boil. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer until cooked through, stirring every few minutes so the bottom doesn’t burn. It should be ready in 45-60 minutes. The lentils will have mostly dissolved, but their earthy, nutty flavor is resonant.
- While the porridge cooks, fills a small pot with water and bring to a boil. When gently boiling, add the eggs and set a timer for 7 minutes, to keep the yolk from over-cooking. Remove from heat and rinse under cool water. When cooled off, peel the eggs and slice in half lengthwise.
- To serve, dish one or two scoops of the porridge into a bowl, and drizzle a little ghee over it. Top with a handful of arugula and green onions, and one egg. Finish with the nuts and seeds. Enjoy!