Savory Brown Rice Farina
- 1/4 cup farina, brown rice
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup eggs, whites
- 1/2 cup cauliflower, ground; about 1/5 of a head of cauliflower
- 1 scoop protein powder, pea
- 1 handful spinach, or any type of leafy green
- 2 - 3 tbsps nutritional yeast
- Grind cauliflower in a blender or heavy duty mixer. You will likely have to stick a spoon in and move it around quite a bit to get it ground all the way through, so be patient and keep blending while you begin steps 2 and 3!
- Bring brown rice farina and water to a boil on the stovetop. It only takes about 3-4 minutes to boil all the way through, so keep your eye on it!
- While the brown rice cereal is boiling, pour the egg whites into a non-stick pan.
- Once the brown rice is boiled, the egg white is cooked, and the cauliflower is ground — pour them into a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Add in your scoop of pea protein and keep mixin’.
- Then, top with shredded spinach and a heavy helping of nutritional yeast. Nutritional yeast gives it a cheesy flavor that is what makes this dish extra savory.
- Optional: Top with a bit of sesame or olive oil, flax seeds, or tahini to take this bowl to the next level!
- SWEET Option: If you prefer sweet breakfasts or snacks, you can sub the spinach and nutritional yeast for 1 tablespoon peanut butter (or any nut butter you choose), a handful of blueberries, and some honey or agave! You can even add dairy-free chocolate chips or cacao nibs!