Roasted Yam, Black Bean and Spinach Tacos with Cashew Cream Sauce
For the tacos:
- 1 3/4 cup black beans, cooked or canned (rinsed and drained)
- 2 medium yam
- 2 large handfuls spinach
- 3 tsp chili powder
- 3 tbsps oil
- lime juice, juice of 1/2 a lime
- 10 tortillas, corn
For the cashew sauce:
- 1 cup cashews, soaked overnight
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 1/2 tbsps nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 chipotle pepper, canned, (canned in adobo sauce)
- 1 small clove garlic
- salt, sea; to taste
- green onions
- Preheat the oven to 425°. Cube the yams then toss with 2 tablespoons of the oil and 3 teaspoons chili powder. Spread on a rimmed baking sheet, and roast for 25 minutes, turning 2-3 times during cooking.
- Blend the soaked cashews, water, yeast, lime juice, cumin, chili powder, chile in adobo, garlic clove and sea salt in a high-speed blender until very smooth. Add more water to achieve desired consistency.
- Over medium heat, sauté the black beans and spinach in 1 tablespoon of oil until the spinach is wilted.
- Meanwhile, once the yams are done, move to a bowl and using a fork or masher, mash to desired consistency.
- Heat tortillas. To assemble tacos, scoop a couple spoonfuls of the mashed yams onto tortillas then top with spinach and black bean mixture. Drizzle with cashew sauce, and garnish with cilantro, avocado and any other toppings you are using. Serve immediately.