Roasted Garlic Hummus
- 1 lb chickpeas, dried, cooked and cooled
- 1 large head garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp salt, sea
- lemon juice, juice of half a lemon
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus more for the roasted garlic
- 1/4 tsp cumin, ground
- 1/4 tsp paprika, smoked
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Slice the end off the garlic bulb, exposing the cloves (but leaving the stem intact).
- Drizzle the cloves with olive oil, season with a pinch of salt and pepper, then wrap tightly in tinfoil. Roast for 25 to 30 minutes until the cloves are very soft.
- Squeeze the garlic cloves onto a board, then mash them into a paste.
- Grab a food processor. In the base of the food processor, combine the cooked and cooled chickpeas, garlic paste, and salt and pulse for 30 seconds, scraping the sides of the processor down if necessary. Add the lemon, tahini, and water, and pulse for 30 more seconds until combined.
- With the food processor running, slowly drizzle in the olive oil until the hummus is smooth.
- Transfer to a serving dish, then sprinkle over the cumin and paprika. Serve up with grilled bread and all your favorite veggies.