Roasted Chickpea Snacks
Roasting chickpeas brings out their nutty flavor. Add you favorite spice blend for a tasty afternoon snack. Vegetarian and gluten free.
- 2 15 oz cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- black pepper, freshly ground - about 8 twists of the pepper mill
- Preheat oven to 400˚F (200˚C).
- Dry excess moisture from chickpeas using paper towel. Combine chickpeas, canola oil and spices in medium bowl. Stir and spread onto parchment paper cookie sheet.
- Roast for 30 minutes in oven. Stir. Roast another 20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes. Cool completely before storing in an airtight container.