Roasted Chickpea Bowl with Feta, Arugula and Tapenade
- 2 15 oz cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained; or 3/4 cup dry chickpeas, soaked, simmered and drained
- 2 tsp harissa seasoning
- 1/3 cup + 3 tbsps olive oil, divided
- 8 oz. olives, castelvetrano; plus 1 tbsp olive brine
- 2 lemons, divided
- 2 anchovy filets, white, or 4 regular anchovy filets
- 3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp capers
- 1 small handful basil, fresh
- 1 tsp salt, sea, flaky
- 2 large handfuls arugula, baby
- 6 oz. tomatoes, cherry; halved
- 1 small onion, red; shaved
- 3 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
- pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Make sure to dry chickpeas well, then add them to a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil (about 2 tablespoons) and sprinkle harissa spice over top. Season with sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste, then use your hands to coat chickpeas well. Roast chickpeas for 40-50 minutes or until browned and crispy.
- In the meantime, pit your olives. Using a shot glass or the palm of your hand, press firmly down on each olive to crush in half. The pit should be easily removed after this. Continue pitting until all olives are done.
- Add olives to a food processor with theolive brine, juice & zest of one lemon, anchovy, garlic, capers, basil, flaky sea salt, cracked black pepper (to taste) and 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil. Pulse until well combined & your desired consistency. Set aside.
- In a large serving bowl, add baby arugula, cherry tomatoes, and red onion. Toss with the juice of one lemon & a drizzle of olive oil. Add the roasted chickpeas and toss well to combine. Top with a few dollops of olive tapenade and crumbled feta. Enjoy immediately.