Roasted Buffalo Chickpea Bowls
- 2 15 oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder, chipotle
- 1/2 tsp oregano, dried
- 1/2 cup buffalo hot sauce
- 2 tbsp butter, unsalted; melted
- 1 8.8 oz bag barley, quick cooking
- 3 cups arugula, baby
- 3 stalks celery, sliced
- 2 medium carrot, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 onion, red; thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 large avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup blue cheese, crumbled (omit to make dairy free)
- 1/2 cup yogurt ranch dressing, omit to make dairy free
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Toss the chickpeas on a baking sheet with the olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic, chipotle, and dried oregano until evenly combined. Give the baking sheet a shake to ensure that all of the chickpeas are in a single layer. Roast until crispy, about 20 to 25 minutes, giving them a toss halfway through.
- In the meantime, fill a medium pot with water and bring to a boil. Add the barley and cook until tender, about 10 to 12 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Transfer the crispy chickpeas to a large bowl and toss together with the buffalo sauce and melted butter until well coated.
- Fill 4 serving bowls with cooked barley, baby arugula and buffalo chickpeas. Top each with carrots, celery, red onion, scallions, avocado, blue cheese and a drizzle of ranch. Serve immediately and enjoy!