Pumpkin Pink Bean Fudge
- 1/2 cup pumpkin, puréed
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp pink beans, cooked; drained and rinsed
- 3 tbsps maple syrup, pure
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tsps pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tbsps almond butter, creamy
- 1/2 cup coconut butter, in pourable, liquid state*
- 1/2 cup pecans, roasted, chopped
- *At room temperature, coconut butter (not to be confused with coconut oil) is solid. To get it into pourable, liquid state, set the tightly closed jar in a bath of hot water (not fully submerged just in case it would leak through the cap). Let sit for 10 minutes, then stir. Close jar and set back in water for 5 minutes. Stir until completely smooth. If a few clumps remain, microwave jar for 10 seconds, then stir, and repeat until no clumps remain.
- Add pumpkin, beans, maple syrup, vanilla extract, salt, pumpkin pie spice, and almond butter to food processor or high-powered blender. Puree for 20 seconds, then stop and scrape down sides. Puree for another 40 seconds, then scrape down sides. Add coconut butter, and puree for 20 seconds to bring everything together until completely smooth.
- Scrape into a 8" x 4" x 2 1/2 inch loaf pan (a little smaller or bigger will work too, it will just affect the thickness of your fudge) and smooth top with a spoon. Sprinkle pecans on top, then lightly press down on them so they attach to fudge. Freeze for 1 hour, then cut into small squares and serve.
- You can store leftovers in covered container in the refrigerator, or in the freezer for 2 weeks. Storing in refrigerator will result in a little softer fudge.