Pulled Pork Pulse Protein Bowl
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp cumin, ground
- 1 tsp mustard, ground
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tbsp agave
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 lbs pork tenderloin
3 Bean Salad:
- 15 ounces black beans, cooked and drained
- 15 ounces great northern beans, cooked and drained
- 15 ounces kidney beans, dark red; cooked and drained
- 1 15.25 oz can corn, whole kernel
- 1/2 cup onions, red; diced fine
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, green; diced fine
- 1/2 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 lime
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, grape; halved
- 5 lime, wedges
- 1/4 cup cilantro, fresh; leaves chopped fine
- 1/2 cup salsa, store bought
- 1 cup roasted chickpeas
- Mix chili powder, onion powder, cumin, ground mustard, and garlic salt together in a small bowl. Rub all over pork roast.
- Place pork in either a slow cooker or an instant pot. Add agave and apple cider vinegar to the pot, just put it on top of the pork.
- Cook in slow cooker for 4-6 hours, or in an instant pot on the meat setting, for 80 minutes, with the setting at sealed.
- When finished cooking, remove from pot and shred.
- Return to pot to stir in liquid, so it gets all flavored, then strain in a strainer so the liquid is removed.
- Set aside.
3 Bean Salad:
- Combine the three types of beans. If you use beans from a can, drain and rinse them before combining. If cooking from dry, make sure they are cooled and drained before combining.
- Drain whole kernel corn and add to the beans.
- Finely dice red onion and green bell pepper and add to the bean salad. Along with chopped cilantro.
- Squeeze lime over beans salad.
- Mix everything from the bean salad together together, and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve by plating 1 cup bean salad, 1/2 cup pulled pork, a handful of halved grape tomatoes, cilantro, and dressing in a bowl, and top with roasted chick peas for texture and crunch.
- If using for meal prep, put 1 cup of bean salad mix in each bowl, along with 1/2 a cup of pulled pork, and 1/4 cup roasted chick peas.
- In a separate container put in grape tomatoes, fresh cilantro, and a lime wedge. And in a second little container put 1 Tbs of prepared creamy avocado salsa verde dressing.
- When ready to eat, heat pulled pork and 3 bean salad (don't worry it is good warm). Then top with tomatoes, cilantro, lime juice, and the prepared creamy avocado salsa verde dressing.
*Purchase the dressing in the produce, refrigerated section of the grocery store. When cooking in Instant Pot, set to meat setting, cook for 80 minutes, with sealed, then let the pressure release on own, and then shred.