Pressure Cooker Black Beans and Chorizo
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp cumin, ground
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 2 bay leaf
- 5 cup broth
- 1 lb black beans, dried
- 6 oz Chorizo, Spanish (or Portuguese)
- salt, to taste
- Rinse the black beans until water to clean them.
- Add onion, garlic, cumin, chili powder, bay leaves, broth black beans, and chorizo to the pressure cooker and set to HIGH pressure for 45 minutes.
- After 45 minutes let the pressure cooker do a natural release, cooling until the pressure lowers enough that it can be opened safely.
- Salt to taste.
- Serve beans over a big bowl of rice topped with fresh pico de gallo and enjoy!